DEN OF THIEVES 2018 UNRATED (2018) DOWNLOAD
Director: Christian Gudegast
Writer: Christian Gudegast (screenplay), Christian Gudegast (story), Paul Scheuring (story)
Actors: Gerard Butler, Pablo Schreiber, O’Shea Jackson Jr.
Genres: Action, Crime, Drama
Release Year: 2018
Duration: 140 min
IMDB Rating: 7.1
Den of Thieves (released in some countries as Criminal Squad) is a 2018 American heist film written, directed, and produced by Christian Gudegast and starring Gerard Butler, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Pablo Schreiber, O’Shea Jackson Jr., Evan Jones, Dawn Olivieri, Mo McRae, and Max Holloway. In the film, an elite group of County Sheriff Deputies look to stop a gang of thieves planning to rob the Federal Reserve in Los Angeles.
The film was released in the United States on January 19, 2018, distributed by STXfilms, received mixed reviews and grossed $80 million worldwide. A sequel is currently in development.
In Los Angeles, a team of robbers led by Ray Merrimen make a violent armed attack and hijack an armored truck. Police officers arrive on the scene and engage in a shootout with the robbers. Eventually, Merrimen and his crew escape with the empty armored truck.
In the morning, Detective Nick O’Brien investigates the crime scene, having been monitoring Merrimen and his crew for a while. Suspecting a local bartender named Donnie for involvement, Nick finds him at the bar and kidnaps him for interrogation. Donnie reveals Merrimen is planning to rob the Federal Reserve on Friday of that week by covertly removing about $30 million in old bills which are scheduled to be shredded after their serial numbers are deleted from computer records.
At their hideout, Merrimen has one of his crew, Levi, roughly interrogate Donnie to ensure he didn’t disclose anything about the plan. Meanwhile, Nick goes to a strip club and finds Merrimen’s stripper girlfriend, hires her for the night to find out where the heist is going to happen. The next morning, Nick makes a effort to see his daughter at her school.
As the day of the heist comes, Merrimen and his crew invade a commercial bank and take hostages. Nick’s team arrives outside as the chaos unfolds. The L.A.P.D. negotiator calls and speaks to the bank’s manager on behalf of Merrimen. To discourage further time-wasting communications, Merrimen has one of the crew take a hostage to a back room, where he apparently shoots her. The police negotiator then agrees not to communicate again until the robbers’ demands (money and helicopter) are about to arrive in over an hour’s time. The thieves then blow the vault open and escape through a hole in the floor before Nick’s team come in. They also find that the shooting of the hostage was staged. The thieves needed commercial bank cash so they could make a cash drop-off at the Federal Reserve, the only way to get inside the Federal Reserve building.
Donnie is hidden inside a cash dolly delivered to the Federal Reserve building by Merrimen. He triggers an EMP and slips out during a falsely tripped alarm caused by the EMP to collect the targeted old bills that have been earmarked for shredding, and he stashes them in bags and throws them in with the refuse, before escaping the cash count-rooms through the air ducts. The cash is dispatched from the Federal Reserve building in a garbage truck that removes shredded bills. Nick’s team catches up to Donnie and seizes him, beating him until he tells them where Merrimen is going.
Merrimen, Bosco, and Levi try to make their escape with the money bags from the waste truck but hit a traffic jam and are blocked. Nick’s team spots them and attempt to shoot them as the robbers try to escape. A shootout occurs initiated by Merrimen, killing one of Nick’s men. Levi and Bosco are eventually shot dead, but Merrimen gets away. Nick chases and shoots Merrimen, wounding him. Merrimen raises an empty gun to Nick, forcing Nick to shoot him. As Merrimen lies on the ground dying, Nick kneels and consoles him. When Nick inspects Merrimen’s SUV, he only finds bags with shredded paper; he also finds that Donnie has escaped custody.
Nick later goes to Donnie’s bar and sees pictures of him with some of the crew members from the heist. It is revealed Donnie masterminded the heist to keep all of the stolen cash for himself in a second garbage truck. After the passage of some time, Donnie is working in a London bar, planning a new heist.
- Gerard Butler as Nicholas “Big Nick” O’Brien, Debbie’s ex-husband and a gritty and corrupt LA sheriff who is hellbent on bringing down Merrimen’s crew, who plan on robbing the Federal Reserve Bank in Downtown Los Angeles. Butler was required to gain 25-30 pounds in a short period of time for his role.
- Pablo Schreiber as Ray Merrimen, a Marine veteran, the crew’s leader and schemer, one of the robbers who set out in the first scheme in robbing the Federal Reserve Bank of Downtown Los Angeles.
- O’Shea Jackson Jr. as Donnie Wilson, a bartender and one of the robbers who set out in the first scheme in robbing the Federal Reserve Bank of downtown Los Angeles. He is the skilled driver of the group.
- Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson as Levi Enson Levoux, a Marine veteran, one of the robbers who set out in the first scheme in robbing the Federal Reserve Bank of downtown Los Angeles. He has a young daughter and a wife.
- Evan Jones as Bo Bosco Ostroman, one of the robbers who works directly with Merrimen and Enson
- Cooper Andrews as Mack, one of the robber’s crew members. He doesn’t directly take part in the robberies but does behind-the-scene stuff.
- Maurice Compte as Benny ‘Borracho’ Megalob
- Kaiwi Lyman-Mersereau as Tony Z Zapata
- Dawn Olivieri as Debbie O’Brien, Nick O’Brien’s ex-wife who leaves him after discovering he had cheated on her
- Lewis Tan as Secret Service Lobby Guard #1
- Jermaine Rivers as Fed Receiving Guard Jackson who stops Ray Merrimen and Levoux as they enter and exit the Federal Reserve facility.
- Mo McRae as Gus Henderson, a sheriff working under Big Nick
- Meadow Williams as Holly
- Brian Van Holt as Murph Connors
- Max Holloway as Bas, one of the robbers and Donnie’s friend.
- Jay Dobyns as Wolfgang
- Alix Lapri as Maloa
- Matthew Cornwell as Joseph, a bank manager
- Eric Braeden as Ziggy Zerhusen
The film was in development for roughly fourteen years, where director Christian Gudegast and a writing partner had a blind deal with New Line Cinema in 2003. The project was also later supposed to be distributed by the now-defunct Relativity Media at one point as well. Jay Dobyns, who played the character of Wolfgang, was a former Special Agent and undercover operative with the BATFE and served as a consultant for this film.
Production began in January of 2017. Director of photography, Terry Stacey, shot the movie using the Arri Alexa XT Plus digital motion picture camera. Although set in Los Angeles, California, Den of Thieves was primarily filmed in and around Atlanta, Georgia. Aerial shots of Los Angeles included the Vincent Thomas Bridge, the Federal Correctional Institution, Terminal Island and the skyline of Downtown Los Angeles.